Newcastle is a fantastic town to be a biker. It’s statistically known as being one of the driest cities in the UK, which makes it absolutely ideal on two wheels!
If you’re looking to plan a trip around Newcastle – you’re in luck! We Buy Any Bike have teamed together today to list our favourite places, clubs, and rideouts in and around the Newcastle area!
If you’ve been to Northumberland before, you may recognise The Byrness as being a hotel. Recently, the owner Kate and her team have transformed the premises into a self-catering guest house, from the hotel that it used to be. Today, the house boasts a collection of 5 bedrooms, 2 shower rooms, a bathroom, along with a large kitchen and lounge area. The 17th Century building is stationed amongst the 7 acres of land that are also owned by Kate. Clay Pigeon shooting can be arranged as an activity through contact with the host.
This place is ideal for if you fancy a ride along the coast. Situated in South Shields, Annie’s Guest House offers a warm welcome to everyone, including bikers! Staying at Annie’s will provide you with a quiet and relaxing sleep as mentioned in a lot of their reviews! Annie’s Guest House has 12 rooms to offer, each equipped with blackout roller blinds, free Wi-Fi, Freeview TV, coffee & tea, as well as lots of other amenities!
Presented in Hexham, here we have a beautiful old 18th Century Coaching Inn that is nestled beside the River Rede in West Woodburn. You may even be lucky enough to access the pub and B&B via the dry-stone bridge crossing the lovely river! The Bay Horse Inn has 6 homely rooms to offer their guests, but it also stands as a pub. So, if it doesn’t fit your schedule to stay here, you can always pop in for a bite to eat whilst you’re passing!
Cafe’s & Hang Outs
The title of this place wouldn’t so much suggest that it is biker friendly, but you’ll instantly change your mind if you ever approach it. I mean, why wouldn’t it be when it’s surrounded by motorcycle-related shops?! Situated in the heart of Newcastle, the Moulin Rouge is famous for its daily Persian Cuisine – these dishes seem to be the most popular but they do also offer English dishes too!
This cafe is actually situated next door but one to the Moulin Rouge on Westgate Road. They serve traditional English Breakfasts, as well as various other classic morning-to-afternoon delights. Magda and her team are very welcoming and accommodating to everyone who walks through their doors.
This biker-cafe isn’t strictly in Newcastle, but it’s pretty close. It’s in Stockton, so if you’re a biker, its perfect for if you’re on a ride out that way! If you just so happen to come across this diner on a Tuesday evening between the hours of 5 & 9pm, there’s no doubt in you finding it, because this is their bike night… rumour has it that it’s quite popular too!
- Greedy Pigs MCC
- Badlanders MCC
- Jokaz MCC
- North East Motorcycle Racing Club (NEMCRC)
- Bellatorium MCC Sunderland
- Wanderers MCC
6 Random Facts About Newcastle
- You may be familiar with the term ‘Geordie’ when referring to a person from Newcastle. But it’s quite a unique nickname, I mean, it’s not in the title of the town at all, so where does it come from? Personally, it never even crossed my mind until now! However, according to the web, it’s in commemoration of George II – apparently he was a huge support for Newcastle during the 1945 rebellion!
- Speaking of royalty, in 1850, Queen Victoria opened the first covered train station; Newcastle Central.
- On the theme of royalty again, and going back to King George II – he opened the Tyne Bridge, which is a distinctive piece of Newcastle history. It has since become a Grade II listed structure, and one of the tallest structures in the city!
- The ‘Geordie’ accent was once voted the friendliest in the UK!
- Some famous faces of Newcastle include Sting, Rowan Atkinson, and of course, TV Chefs & presenters, The Hairy Bikers.
- Back in the day, it used to be called Pons Aelius! But I doubt any of you would be able to remember that, unless you’re a relic from the roman times.
- Newcastle Diamonds – Speedway Racing Club
- Speedway History
- Motorcycle Parking
- Motorcycle Shops on Westgate Road (Google Maps)
Motorcycle Traders in Newcastle
Are you looking to sell your bike in Newcastle? We may not be based in ‘the toon’ but we will buy your bike! Regardless of the age, mileage, and condition of your motorcycle, we will buy it for cash and collect it for FREE! Get your quick quote today from the nation’s favourite bike trader, We Buy Any Bike!