8 Fun Facts you probably didn't know about Ducati
Here at the UK's leading
- "Oh, I can’t possibly buy a Ducati... they’re well out of my price range!" We’ve all heard it. If you’re wondering why they’re in that big mighty old price bracket – it’s because each part is hand-made!
- Whilst we’re on the topic of manufacturing, you might be interested to know that (believe it or not – up to you) Monsters are built in 88 minutes! – Just a side note that I’ve had to correct myself a few times on this one... I keep writing seconds, now that would be impressive!
- If you’re a Ducati rider in Japan, you get special treatment! Manufacturers are under strict instruction to build the exhausts in order to comply with the Japanese laws on anti-pollution.
haveonly been producing bikes since the fifties – that’s quite a big achievement considering they are one of the biggest motorcycle makers in the world today! Before then, they just made push bikes. The Ducati pushbike market is still very much active today, but it’s nowhere near as successful as the motorcycles.
- If you want to go way back, it might come as a surprise to you, but Ducati actually made radios back in the day – that’s how they became famous, under the name Società Scientifica Radio Brevetti Ducati. 93 years later (today) Ducati’s don’t just sell motorcycles... wait for it... they sell GLASSES too! Now, if I was a name in Ducati, I’d probably look at how we could go back into the radio business, just for old times’ sake – it would be pretty interesting... but I guess that’s just me!
- Alongside radio, they were also pretty successful in the general electronics area... you know, cameras, shavers etc...
- In terms of the future on bikes; that is what we’re here for, after all... Ducati
aredue to be bringing out a whole new range of electric bikes – we did actually write about those a few weeks ago, you can read that here!
- All you racing fans will know this one... Across all boards, Ducati
havewon 40 trophies in 28 years!
There we have it! You can also read more about the history of Ducati on another post we have done. In the meantime, please feel free to leave some more random facts in the comments!
Sell Your Ducati!
If you’ve ever wondered how much your own Ducati is worth, now is your chance to find out for FREE! We Buy Any Bike are the UK’s leading motorcycle valuation specialist offering the best price for Ducati motorcycles in the whole of the UK!
We will also collect bikes for FREE on accepted offers whether you live in England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland. We will also collect bikes from the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands – simply call our team today on 01274 600 224 to find out more!
... and remember... We Buy Any Bike pay the most and collect the quickest!
7 Mar 2019
For any blog enquiries, please email@example.comView all posts by Helmut