Situated in the North West of England, Cumbria is also known to be the third largest county in England. This beautiful area is estimated to be a home to around 500,000 people. Looking at Cumbria, you may think that the county itself is very, very old. However, it only dates back to around 40 years!
Cumbria was formerly constructed in 1974, integrating previous counties, Cumberland (that’s where the sausages come from), and Westmorland. Although, looking at the place it is evident that there is a lot of history. There is evidence of not only the Roman times (we will get into that later), but also the Neolithic Period!
Cumbria is a fantastic place to be a biker. The beautiful landscapes of the UNESCO Lake District National Park amalgamate an estimate of 15.8 million visitors a year! There are plenty of places to visit in this county, and it’s one of bike trader, We Buy Any Bike’s favourites. So, we’ve accumulated some iconic cafes, hangouts, accommodation, and routes that are all biker friendly!
Biker-Friendly Accommodation in Cumbria
- Watendlath Guest House
This quaint little guesthouse is situated just a short walk from Keswick centre, along with Derwentwater – a popular place for a nice evening stroll. The Watendlath Guest House provides off-road parking for motorcycles, along with bed & breakfast facilities. It is also a newly acquainted member of the Quality Cumbria
- Stafford House
Located in the small village of Greystoke, in the popular town of Penrith, is the Stafford House. This historic guest house is just a stone’s throw away from Greystoke Castle, a popular wedding venue which is unfortunately not open to the public. The historic castle itself dates back 500 years, you can read more about it on the Stafford House website! The owners of the guesthouse offer an exceptional courteous service to all their visitors, providing them with Breakfast and even packed lunches if they wish! Just a 10-minute drive from the m6, this 184-year-old building is very accommodating to all bikers.
- Foxcroft Bed and Breakfast
Here we have another authentically historic building! The Foxcroft B&B is just a short distance away from popular tourist spot, Black Combe Massif. Located in Haverigg, this 134-year-old building was originally constructed as a home of a Brewer. Over the years it has had some degree of destruction with the effects of WWII. That was soon corrected and released as the magnificent 4-bedroomed guest house that we see today.
- Haggs Bank
This accommodation gives you the option of staying in a bunkhouse or a campsite – whichever you prefer! Situated in Alston, Cumbria, the owners of Haggs Bank offer a warm welcome to all bikers. This is quite evident on their website where they have some motorcycle events on display. Along with a little video promoting their site, accompanied by a title that says ‘MotorBike Friendly’!
Cumbria Cafe’s for Bikers
- The Filling Station
Established in 2011, this cafe is now run by motor-heads, Harley, Paige, Vikki, and Maddie. They offer an exceptional dining experience and often host regular bike nights. The Keswick-based cafe was recently featured on a variety of TV shows. Such as ‘Find It, Fix It, Flog It’, presented on Channel 4. It was also featured in MCN!
- Orton Scar Cafe
Situated in the village of Orton, Penrith; this quaint little cafe is very accommodating to everyone, including bikers! Kate and the team offer a delicious selection of cakes and even roast dinners… and coffee of course! Formerly known as the Silver Yard Cafe, the friendly staff at the cafe provides gluten-free alternatives along with free Wi-Fi, and outdoor seating in their garden – which is particularly popular in the summer!
- The Beehive Inn
This popular pub is regularly visited by Cumbrian MCC, Devil’s Disciples. The team at The Beehive love to have regular ongoing themed nights. Such as Curry Night, Steak Night, Quiz Night, and Roast Dinner Nights! They also have a menu for dogs. However, we don’t think it would go down too well if they had a day dedicated to the Dog Menu. Also situated in Penrith, it offers a beer garden and a warm welcome to all!
Riding out to Cumbria for the first time? Here are some clubs from around the area!
- Devils Disciples
- Cumberland County Motorcycle Club
- Furness British Motorcycle Club
- Cumbria Classic Motorcycle Club
- West Cumbria MX
- East Cumbria MX
Motorcycle Routes & Tracks
- A ride around the whole of Cumbria
- Lake District/Yorkshire Dales Loop
- St Bees & Honister
- The 3 Pass Loop
- Tour of the Lakes
Total MX has a huge collection of tracks in and around Cumbria!
Cumbria: Fun Facts
- Cumbria is iconically the beloved holiday location for Beatrix Potter. Hill Top Farm inspired Popular Children’s Book, ‘The Tale of Peter Rabbit’. Potter later bought the premises and often holidayed there. Today in Cumbria, there are various family-orientated locations where you can view the history of the famous book and the story behind it.
- Well, we don’t know why it’s called The Lake District, it’s only got one lake! The lake in question is Lake Bassenthwaite. Providing walkers with a nice stroll at 4 miles long. It’s got some pretty cracking views too!
- Going back to Beatrix Potter… she basically created an evolution in Cumbrian Sheep Breeding! Thanks to her, Herdwick Sheep are iconic to Cumbria, and there are loads of them… Including all the other sheep, there are 3 times more sheep than humans in Cumbria!
- Sticking with the animal theme. Rumour has is, England’s last wild wolf was killed in 1390!
- Are you wondering, why is the iconic route is missing from our previous category? England’s steepest road, Hardknott Pass is very famous in Cumbria. The route is home to a historic landmark that was actually a Roman Fort… The Pass itself is a Roman Road!
Sell My Bike In Cumbria
We Buy Any Bike are the largest bike buyers in all of the UK, we specialise in quick payments and fast collections! Where can I sell my bike online?… We Buy Any Bike pick up so many bikes from Cumbria very regularly. So value your bike with us and see what rate we will offer you.
Want to sell your bike? Leading bike trader, We Buy Any Bike will make the deal as smooth and quick as possible. Within 2 days you can have your bike collected and cash in your hand!
If you’re looking for places that buy a motorcycle, try motorbike trader WeBuyAnyBike!