The historic town of Guildford is an excellent place to be a biker. You have the huge city of London on your doorstep. Guildford itself is filled with fabulous country roads. A town flowing with 77,000+ residents and lots of history. It even has a medieval castle in the heart of it!
Motorcycle valuation specialists We Buy Any Bike offer our free collection service to Guildford on a regular basis. Over our many years in the industry, we have discovered various biker friendly spots, routes, and places to stay. We’re here to share them with you today. We’ve taken to the web to share some fun facts too!
Places to Stay
Situated in the heart of the Surrey Hills, this quaint rural retreat offers a variety of unique countryside accommodation spots. Upon visiting the farm you will be provided with the option of staying in B&B or self-catering accommodation. All of their cabins and huts are over 30 acres of beautiful land. You can stay in:
- Bed & Breakfast in the house
- Five Pines Cabin
- Old Dairy
- Holly Oaks Cabin
- Shepherd’s Hut
Situated 5 miles from the centre of Guildford. The Drummond Arms offers the whole ‘cosy cottage’ vibe throughout all of their 11 rooms. This 3-star accommodation spot is located in the village of Albury. Not only is this place a popular hotel with visitors from all over the UK. It plays the role of a lovely gastro-pub – really popular with the locals! The Drummond Arms comes complete with a large secure car park on site. Upon riding around the village you will be able to see all the beautiful traditional thatched cottages. Along with various pretty tea rooms and antique shops.
Here we have a lovely comfortable bed and breakfast situated in the heart of the beautiful village of Chilworth. From the outside, you get a taste of authentic England. Influenced by the roots of its South African owners. When you walk through the door you instantly feel like you are in Africa. Each room is intricately designed, to feature elements of the continent. All the rooms are named after the African Big 5. Such as, Ndlov, Tau, Nyati, Tshukudu, and Igwe.
The Percy Arms is known around the area for their delicious selection of dishes. Taking inspiration straight from the heart of South Africa. Voted #1 on Trip Advisor in Chilworth!
Based in Surrey, we couldn’t miss this one of our bikers guide. It is a renowned spot for motorcyclists visiting the area! Like We Buy Any Bike, the team at Ryka’s are all bikers who provide a service for bikers! They host regular car and bike nights so make sure you stay tuned on their Facebook page to view all of their up and coming events.
Situated in Gomshall. This riverside restaurant is a very pleasant place for a stop and a bite to eat in the Summer. The team at The Compasses Inn offer a selection of delicious lunches at competitive prices. Along with a whole variety of different options for those with dietary requirements.
- Dennis Motors, a national treasure of the car industry. In 1895, the company was founded here. The final vehicle built in the name of the company was a fire engine. This left the garage in 2007.
- It is rumoured the word ‘Guildford’ originated to commemorate the ‘golden sand’ at the ford. It may have come from golden flowers too!
- At the beginning of this post, we stated that Guildford is a very historic town. This has proven more evident in recent years. Rural Celtic Bronze Age pieces were discovered 2012.
- We all know the fairytale book Alice in Wonderland. What you might not know is that it originated here! Author Charles Lutwidge Dodgson – or, Lewis Carroll to me and you, wrote Through the Looking Glass here in 1871.
- A little corner shop in the heart of Guildford is actually home to an ancient medieval synagogue. In 1996 the ruins uncovered. They’re believed to be some of the oldest in the world. There are rumours of the structure dating back to 1180!